1. Lebron James signs a four-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers!
- King James f.k.a. Lebron James is taking his talents to the Lakers, and did so in the quietest fashion ever..with a press release and practically no press conference this time!
2. The official remix to Ella Mai’s “Boo’d Up” features guest verses from Nicki Minaj and Quavo.
- Apparently the Internet hates it, and some people hated it before even hearing it. Me personally…I’m with the Internetz…issa no for me dawg!
- Listen to the official remix here.
3. 2 Chainz’s Twitter account was hacked..and man was it ugly!
- 2 Chainz made a video responding to the hacker and he seemed pretty chill about it. Kudos to him!
4. Chance the Rapper is newly engaged!
- Earlier this week, Chance the Rapper celebrated the the fourth of July and freaked it (*Kendrick Lamar “King’s Dead” ad-lib).
- On the day most people in the United States seem to hate the most, Chance made sure to make the holiday a memorable one: by proposing to his long-time girlfriend and baby’s mother, Kirsten Corley.
- Surrounded by loved ones at a barbecue, Chance alluded to the proposal with this tweet:
Here’s video footage of the proposal, in which Chance asked, “Will you make me a man and be my wife?”
- A “fan” disapproved of Chance’s proposal and Chano wasn’t having it. Chance exchanged tweets and even went as far as to personally DM this Twitter user. What do y’all think? Be sure to sound off in the comments below!
5. Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande drop the video for their duet, “Bed.”
- So prior to making this post, I spent roughly 5 minutes watching the video for Nicki Minaj‘s latest duet with Ariana Grande. The video was bleh, and the video seemed very lackluster for a song that’s supposed to give a sexy summer-time vibe.
- Nicki spends her time rolling around in the ocean as a mermaid, and towards the end magically transforms back into her human form to be on time for a date with Odell Beckham, Jr. from the New York Giants. Whoopee!
- “If the Barbz and Arianators (fan bases for Nicki and Ariana, respectively) come for my neck, and I don’t come back from war..mark these as my last words…”
6. Drake’s Scorpion album becomes the first project ever to hit one billion streams in a week across all platforms!
- Champagne Papi. The 6 God. Drizzy. Whatever you may call him..Drake seemingly continues to shatter records with almost every album he drops!
- According to Billboard, The superstar rapper’s newest effort became the first album to reach one BILLION global streams across all digital platforms.
- Prior to Scorpion tearing up global streaming records, Post Malone‘s beerbongs & bentleys held the global record with under 700 million streams.
- Congrats due to Drake! Let’s all help him celebrate by doing the #InMyFeelings / #DoTheShiggy challenge.