1. A week after XXXtentacion was murdered, his hit song “SAD!” became the number one song in America.
- XXXtentacion was a troubled kid yet his music lives on—literally. The troubled MC whose no longer with us created music that still touches fans from beyond the grave.
- “SAD!” charted its way to the Billboard Hot 100, making it X’s first #1 hit.
- According to Rolling Stone, this is the first time a rapper had a No. 1 song since Biggie’s “Mo Money, Mo Problems” back in 1997.
[Source: Rolling Stone]
2. Cardi B and Offset secretly got married…and TMZ got the proof of their wedding certificate to prove it!
- Here’s a snippet of the actual marriage certificate, which shows that they’ve been married since September 20th of last year. Check the full document here.
- That gosh darn TMZ..maaaan, they be on it for real!
- Apparently, they joined each other’s hand in marriage MONTHS ago…..OKURRRR (Cardi B voice)!
- On Sunday, June 24th, the Migos accepted the BET Award for Best Group in which Offset said, “I thank my wife, you should thank yours.” (To be honest…I was too busy being upset that A Tribe Called Quest didn’t win to pay attention to what Offset was actually saying!)
- Congrats to the happy couple, especially since they’re expecting their first child together sometime later this month!
3. Kendrick Lamar landed on the cover of Vanity Fair!
- It seems like everyday Kendrick Lamar is reaching not only new heights as a top-tier hip-hop artist, but also as a person aware of his responsibility to himself and his community.
- Fresh off winning the coveted Pulitzer Prize, Vanity Fair just snagged an interview with Kung-Fu Kenny in which is discusses Kanye West, Colin Kaepernick, and more.
- I haven’t read the interview yet myself; however, I’m sure there’s gems in it. I’ll be back in a few days to give my opinion on his Vanity Fair cover story. In the meantime, check out the cover below!
4. Drake dropped his latest effort “Scorpion.” Memes and IG captions are here all summer 2018!
- Side A is rap, while side B is strictly R&B vibes. Which side is your favorite or are yall not feeling the album overall?
5. Chance the Rapper speaks on upcoming joint projects with Kanye West and Childish Gambino.
6. Paul George and Russell Westbrook of the OKC Thunder were seen hanging out with Nas as he performed new music from his latest album, Nasir.