Anybody who knows me, knows that I’m not much of a sneakerhead; however, I’ll drop some bread if I’m really feeling the overall aesthetic of a certain pair of kicks. With that being said, I have to let everyone know about the new line of kicks Converse is ready to drop within D A Y S so like myself, you too can make an informed decision if you want these kicks or not.
According to Complex’s sister site Sole Collector, Nike and its sister company Converse (Nike bought the legendary footwear company by in 2013 for $305 million–via The New York Times) are slated to drop new sneakers on Sept. 29th, the same day Nike’s NBA Connected Jersey is being released. The Converse NBA collection is composed of the Gameday, Legend, and Franchise versions of the shoe.
Here’s a quick summary of each variation of the Converse NBA collection:
The Chuck ’70 NBA Gameday
- Individually numbered
- Limited to 250 pairs
- Made of authentic NBA jerseys
- Backed with a leather lining. Leather interior features NBA logos plus the collaborative Converse x NBA woven labels under the shoe’s tongue.
The Chuck ’70 NBA Legend
- For the “sophisticated fan”
- Amazing leather upper
- Highlights the winning legacies of the the Boston Celtics, the Chicago Bulls, the Golden State Warriors, the Los Angeles Lakers and the New York Knicks.
The Chuck NBA Franchise
- Represents 13 teams with embroidered logos
- Screen-printed details on the shoes’ uppers
- Each outsole displays the given team’s city influence
- Will include Nike’s signature Lunarlon sockliner and micro-suede internal lining strictly for comfort purposes.
As mentioned before, next Friday (Sept. 29th) is when Nike and Converse will bring us the heat with its new merch promoting the upcoming 2017-2018 NBA season. Will you guys cop or drop the merch when it releases? Sound off in the comments below!