Happy Sunday everybody! Who’s seen Black Panther? Better yet..the question I SHOULD be asking is who H A S N ‘ T seen Black Panther yet? Man ohhh man—this film is making a killing in the box office. I hope it does so for the rest of the year tbh. This entire wrap-up contains news about the movie, no spoilers or anything, so please enjoy what you see! #WakandaForever
1. Sylvester Stallone releases the movie poster for “Creed 2.”
- Sylvester Stallone took to his Instagram (@officialslystone) to share a fan-made poster for the upcoming sequel to Creed, Creed 2.
- If you may recall, the original film follows the footsteps of Adonis Creed, the son of deceased boxer Apollo Creed— played by Michael B. Jordan. Check out the poster below!
- According to IMDB, Adonis Creed will face Viktor Drago, the son of Rocky Balboa’s old nemesis, Ivan Drago.
2. Lupita Nyong’o honors her Black Panther co-stars Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan by imitating their latest magazine cover photo shoots.
- As Black Panther‘s box office success continues to break records, the one thing also growing with time is the bond between the film’s cast members.
- Lupita Nyong’o paid homage to her Black Panther co-stars Michael B. Jordan and Chadwick Boseman as she re-created Michael’s GQ photo shoot and Chadwick’s photo shoot for Rolling Stone.
- Sidenote: Lupita….if you’re single, please don’t afraid to slide in my DMs on (@thechatmanjay/ @theoriginalchatman) Instagram. I promise I don’t bite!♥
Photo Credit: Vernon Francois (@vernonfrancois)
3. Will Smith congratulates the cast of Black Panther in a celebratory Instagram video.
- A co-sign from Will Smith must mean you out here killing the game!
- Earlier this week, he took to Instagram to name drop and congratulate the entire cast of Black Panther—as the film deserves endless amounts of praise according to Smith.
- Smith claims he was “damn near got brought to tears.” He adds on, “I’m proud and I’m excited, damn near giddy.” Feel free to check out Will Smith’s full-length heartfelt expression to the Black Panther cast below.
[Source: People, Instagram (@willsmith)]
5. Ryan Coogler writes letter to fans of Black Panther.
- As I mentioned earlier, a huuuuuge majority of this wrap-up is related to Black Panther. If you’ve made it this far without growing tired of me rambling on about the movie, I owe you big time!
- Long story short, the brilliant director behind the movie, Ryan Coogler, penned an emotional letter to Black Panther fans and it just made every other negative thing in the world temporarily not matter. While the letter is a tad lengthy, Coogler basically expressed his gratitude while also admitting he didn’t expect the film to perform so well. The lesson here boys and girl is to NEVER underestimate yourself!
Here is the full letter from Coogler himself, posted from Marvel’s Instagram (@marvel):
I am struggling to find the words to express my gratitude at this moment, but I will try.
Filmmaking is a team sport. And our team was made up [of] amazing people from all over the world who believed in this story. Deep down we all hoped that people would come to see a film about a fictional country on the continent of Africa, made up of a cast of people of African descent.
Never in a million years did we imagine that you all would come out this strong. It still humbles me to think that people care enough to spend their money and time watching our film- But to see people of all backgrounds wearing clothing that celebrates their heritage, taking pictures next to our posters with their friends and family, and sometimes dancing in the lobbies of theaters– often moved me and my wife to tears.
For the people who bought out theaters, who posted on social about how lit the film would be, bragged about our awesome cast, picked out outfits to wear, and who stood in line in theaters all over the world– all before seeing the film…
To the press who wrote about the film for folks who hadn’t yet seen it, and encouraged audiences to come out…
And to the young ones, who came out with their parents, with their mentors, and with their friends…
Thank you for giving our team of filmmakers the greatest gift: The opportunity to share this film, that we poured our hearts and souls into, with you.
P.S. Wakanda Forever
6. Chris Tucker confirms a fourth installment of Rush Hour in the making?!
- I’m here for it!
Fri.Sat. (2/23 and 2/24)
7. According to multiple sources, mainly Snapchat, Kim Khardashian and Kanye West will appear on an episode of Celebrity Family Feud.
- On Saturday, Kimye showed us a behind-the-scenes look of the iconic couple slated to appear on an episode of Celebrity Family Feud.
- So much for that Jay quote, “Nobody wins when the family feuds…”!
Thanks for keeping up with me and my weekly wrap-ups!