This week for the Weekly Wrap Up..Will Smith does the #InMyFeelings challenge for the culture. Speaking of culture, Cardi B and Offset welcome their baby girl Kulture into the world! Read more below! -TheOriginalChatman
1. Winston Duke to star in a biopic detailing the life of deceased MMA fighter Kimbo Slice.
- After playing M’Baku in two Marvel titles (Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War), actor Winston Duke continues his way to stardom by taking on a most daring role as the late fighter Kimbo Slice.
- For those of you unfamiliar, Kimbo Slice (real name Kevin Ferguson) faced homelessness and transformed as a YouTube fighting sensation to professional MMA fighter. Slice died June 2016 of congestive heart failure.
- No word on co-stars, director, or release date but the biopic is slated to be called Backyard Legend. Congrats to Duke on his new role!
2. Cardi B became a meme with an old childhood photo she posted to her Instagram!
- If y’all ain’t know by now…the Internet has zero chill and is quick to turn ANYbody into a meme. This was the case with an old photo of five-year-old Cardi B. Here’s a sample of the latest Cardi memes that have been floating around:
3. Cardi B and Offset welcome Kulture, their new baby girl, into the world!
- This past Tuesday, Cardi B and Offset welcomed their baby girl Kulture Kiari Cephus into the world! Kulture gets her name from Offset’s real name Kiari Cephus, meanwhile the child’s name pays homage to the Migos previous albums, Culture and Culture II.
4. Will Smith does the #InMyFeelings challenge.
- You do what when you’re poppin’. CORRECTION: You can do what you want when you’re one of the world’s biggest movie stars— aka Will Smith!
- The #InMyFeelingsChallenge was originally started by Instagram sensation TheShiggyShow, who goes by Shiggy for short. Since it began late June, other celebs such as Kevin Hart, Ciara, and Russell Wilson have taken a stab at the viral dance.
- Apparently the Internet thinks Will Smith “won” the challenge as the actor took his attempt to new heights— literally! Smith danced on top of a bridge in Budapest. Despite stiff dance moves, one cannot help but admire the effort Will put into the challenge. Check out Will’s daredevil-ish attempt and let me know what you think.
5. Mac Miller announces new album, SWIMMING.
- 2018 hasn’t been great for Pittsburgh emcee Mac Miller. He was slapped with a DUI back in May of this year, and even split up with his former pop star girlfriend Ariana Grande.
- However, Mac’s looking to make a comeback with his new album, Swimming. As mysterious as the project material and title may be, a 30-second promo trailer for the album provided “some” context.
- Mac took it a step further by even announcing his tracklist. Swimming marks Mac’s first album since September 2016’s The Divine Feminine (which was a great birthday gift to myself back then, thanks Mac!).
1. “Come Back to Earth”
2. “Hurt Feelings”
3. “What’s The Use?”
5. “Self Care”
8. “Small Worlds”
9. “Conversation Pt. 1”
11. “Jet Fuel”
13. “So It Goes”
[Source(s): Pigs & Planes, Complex, HipHopDX]
6. Ari Lennox announces new single, “Whipped Cream.”
- Despite multiple shows, tours, and festivals going on within the J.Cole-helmed Dreamville camp, one label mate has remained quiet for quite a while now: Ari Lennox.
- The first lady of Dreamville informed fans via her Instagram and Twitter that her new single, “Whipped Cream” drops Monday, July 16th.
- The single’s promo was simple yet suggestive enough to have listeners craving for more. Check out Ari’s tweet for her new single, and hit up the comment section for your thoughts.